SafeKids Program for Madison Basketball Association
The following constitute the policies of Madison Basketball Association with regard to awareness and prevention of abuse within our organization.
- Madison Basketball Association is committed to provide a safe environment and to prevent child abuse and sexual misconduct.
- Madison Basketball Association will make every reasonable effort to ensure that every person involved in coaching/training a sport activity in our organization will abide by the SafeKids guidelines.
- Madison Basketball Association will make every reasonable effort to exclude any adult with a legally documented history of child abuse/molestation or any other conviction or record that would bring unnecessary risk to the health and safety of the participants of this organization.
- Madison Basketball Association will perform a criminal background check on every person applying for a position at our organization.
- Madison Basketball Association will take appropriate action on all allegations of child abuse and/or sexual misconduct. All allegations will be reported immediately to the authorities for investigation and will cooperate fully with any such investigation.
The following represent the preventive measures of our organization with regard to abuse:
- Physical, mental, and verbal abuse of any of the participants, coaches, managers, employees, volunteers involved in our sponsored activities is not permitted.
- Inappropriate touching of any kind is forbidden.
- We agree to provide more than one adult working at or overseeing every activity. If a child needs special attention (one -on- one training or an individual meeting), it will be handled with the assistance or presence of another adult.
- Coaches/trainers should not socialize with the participants outside of the sponsored activities of the organization.
- Coaches/trainers should never ride alone with a child or participant in the car. Procedures will be established for coaches to follow in the event a participant is stranded at an activity.
- Parents are encouraged to attend sponsored activities
For additional details, please contact Zach Ellis, Director of Recreation.
Borough of Madison
50 Kings Road
Madison, NJ 07940
Website: http://nj-madisonborough.civicplus.com/298/Recreation- Department
Phone: 973-294- 0896
Fax: 973-593- 0125